2017-2018 classes and lessons begin Thursday, September 14, 2017 and continue through Friday, May 25, 2018.
- This event has passed.
Teacher Training Development Workshop: Certificate in Early Childhood Music, Level 1
July 21, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Diller-Quaile School of Music Summer Music Study Program
Certificate in Early Childhood Music, Level 1
Friday, July 7th, July 14th, July 21st, and July 28th, 9:00am-12:00pm + additional hours
Location: The Diller-Quaile School of Music, 24 East 95th Street, New York, NY 10128
CTLE Credit: 15.0+ hours
Cost: $375 + $42.50 materials fee = $417.50 per person
Course #: DQI-171807
- Participate in all four single-week summer workshops (descriptions above):
- Musical Development of Children, ages three to five – Friday, July 7th, 9:00-10:00am
- Singing with Young Children – Friday, July 14th, 9:00-10:00am
- Circle Games and Dances – Friday, July 21st, 9:00-10:00am
- Musical Instruments in the Early Childhood Classroom – Friday, July 28th, 9:00-10:00am
- Participate in both four-week SMSP workshops:
- Singing for the Classroom, 10:00am-11:00am
- The Ukulele Workshop, 11:00am-12:00pm
- Submit one teaching video of you leading a music activity with your class.
- Meet with the Instructor for two individual tutorials (TBD).
- Complete a Personal Capstone Project, to be determined in conjunction with the Instructor.
Visit the Teacher Training page for a complete list of Teacher Development Workshops in Summer 2017.